Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Ten movies

Monday's post was on a topic much heavier than I am prone to write.  So, I thought I'd do something light and fun today.  School's out, the weather's beautiful, and life is just good, so why not?

The Warrior at Books, Bones, Bricks, and Bullets has issued a challenge for fellow bloggers to list their top ten favorite movies.  Narrowing it down to just ten was kind of tricky for me, because I like a wide variety of films, and my favorites depend on the day.  But the following represents the most general of my usual listings, so here they are, in no particular order, as of today, May 4, 2011.  Movie titles are links to trailers.


Princess Mononoke

The Lord of the Rings:  The Fellowship of the Ring
--The whole trilogy is up there, really, but I picked only my favorite out of the three movies so as not to dominate this list.

Saints and Soldiers

Final Fantasy:  The Spirits Within
--As with The Lord of the Rings, I only put my favorite Final Fantasy movie on this list.  Truth be told, this one actually doesn't feel very "Final Fantasy," but I like the movie anyway, and they at least included a Cid.

The Best Two Years
--You can't cover the entire experience of a mission within the length of a movie, but what is depicted here is absolutely one-hundred-percent accurate, and funny as heck.  Ah, good memories!

The Phantom of the Opera

Big Fish

Tangled

August Rush

The Time Machine


Anyone share any of these?  What would your list look like?

3 comments:

The Warrior said...

Gosh dude...I just might need to disown you...or, something!

(K, first off I am massively kidding right there, lol)

No Dark Knight? No Tron? And what the heck is with Tangled? Gosh! You and my other friend!!!

I might need to request an expanded version!!!!

;-P

olde.fashioned said...

What the--no TDK!?!?! :P :P :P Not even Inception!! Some Nolan fan YOU are!!

;)

I've only seen three of these, but yaaaaay for PotO!!!

Nathan said...

Haha, Those movies are good, and I like them, but there are a lot of great movies I like that didn't make my top ten. These ten are the ones that I feel have "Nathan" written on them the most. But I think Batman Begins might have made the top twenty, and MAYBE Inception. I dunno. I suppose one of these days I'll have to look in on an expanded list to see if they do. :)

@ Olde: Let's see, you've seen Phantom and Saints and Soldiers... what's the third one? Was it Time Machine?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...