Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Matthew Cunningham: now available for $2.99

Over the past year or so, LEGO has been selling a special line of collectible minifigures that come one to a pack, and include unique accessories that haven't before been seen from the LEGO mold.  They're like crack to the fanatic like me.

What makes these things so fun is trying to collect them all.  See, you don't know what you're getting until you open the pack, so you've either got to figure out the code of dots on the packaging or be really good at identifying pieces with only your fingers.  (Or, if you have the money, just buy a whole case and get the complete set that way.)

So, naturally, when the fourth series of these figures came out a few weeks ago, I was on it.  And I gotta hand it to LEGO: they really know their market.  Take the skater minifig for example--I can't quite put my finger on it, but he looks like someone I've seen quite a bit around the Lego aisle.



It's eerie, really.  Give him jeans and a hoodie, and replace the skateboard with an ice cream cone, and . . .


. . . he looks extremely familiar.  I swear I've seen this guy before . . . but where?

Oh yeah.


1 comment:

The Warrior said...

Oh man...this is awesome!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...