Monday, September 19, 2011

Baconnnnnnn!!!

Breakfast was already being cooked when I got up Saturday morning at Scout camp.  Some pieces of bacon had been dropped on the ground, but that test turned out to be one of the greatest moments of the campout as the boys remembered the eleventh commandment:

THOU SHALT NOT WASTE BACON.

I wish there was a Scout badge for this.  One of the boys took those strips of bacon and cooked them over the fire... on rebar.  Coolest.  Thing.  Ever.




A little gritty, but you can't beat that smoky flavor!

Yes, I'm proud to say these boys are champions.  Even when I was concerned about doing stuff like going down the zip line because of my weight (I was just five pounds short of the limit), they sent me down anyway and took video... just in case.  Yee-haw!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...