Monday, March 21, 2011

Mission Memory: Bluebonnets in the spring

Yesterday was a big day for me, because at last the calendar said "spring."  I've been waiting for this ever since I got off my mission in August; for while I loved the warm weather that was left before the winter set in, I have pined for a complete spring and summer in Utah.  Yesterday's milestone meant I had survived my first winter home, and that very soon I could start enjoying my favorite warm-weather activities again.

In Texas, whenever I was asked what I missed about Utah, I would often talk about those activities.  I still remember the uncontainable excitement I felt upon returning home and seeing a mountain again for my first time.   But I miss the beauty of Texas at this time of year, as well.  We may have our mountains here, but Texas has bluebonnets, and a whole field of them was the most breathtaking sight of the season.  And so, in celebration of spring: bluebonnets!






I loves my bluebonnets!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

lol, they are very lovely flowers :D

The Warrior said...

I somehow missed this...and to think I thought you were stable....

:-P

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...