Thursday, March 17, 2011

The way we do California

I'm pretty sure we were the first ones to come up with going to California for Spring Break, but now everyone's doing it.  Here are some highlights from our trip:


Los Angeles.  We actually managed to get there without experiencing a traffic jam.


An image of doom at the La Brea Tar Pits.


An Imperial Mammoth.  Most paleontologists now believe it had feathers.


It wouldn't be a vacation without a wall of wolf skulls!


Before our resident dinosaur expert pushes me in, note that I was joking about the feathers.


At the Natural History Museum, I took more pictures of this thing than of old skeletons.


Yep.  Much cooler than a dinosaur.


To our resident dino expert: I was joking again.  Put the teeth away.


I'm too tired to put a witty caption on all the rest of these pictures, so you're mostly on your own for Orange County.




He's got a friend in me.



We had a really cool waitress at one place who created ketchup art for no extra charge.  That's talent.










Most epic way to finish our epic adventure in Orange County.  I'll actually talk more about this epic place later, but for now, enjoy the epic photos of epicness.







And best of all, the only real problem our old car had on the trip was a dangling blinker.  But we took care of that the most effective way there is: the redneck way.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...