Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Day 26: "The happy guy"

Day 26:  What people notice about you


It's pretty interesting how consistent this one is.  The majority of compliments I receive go along the lines of, "You're always in such a good mood," "You never get angry," "You always look on the bright side of things," etc.  So, I can safely say that happiness is what people notice about me.  Not to brag, or anything; I'm just a happy person, and I'm glad that's what others see in me. 

I have the Lord to thank for that.  Really.  Christ is an optimist; every one of His teachings is meant to give hope, strengthen faith, and inspire action.  I'm not perfect, but I try to live those teachings, and I have seen the impact it has made in my life.  With faith, I know I can overcome whatever trials it is my lot to face.  So, I don't worry about things; I just press on and do my best, even when it's a step in the dark.  I try, and I learn, and I understand that I'm not going to get everything right the first time.  And I'm fine with that because I know there's a Plan and God doesn't fail.  He gives me peace and strength, and it feels awesome, so why wouldn't I be happy?  It can be easy to get bogged down in the disappointments and confusion of life, but my eye is on moving forward.  That's my secret: if things are hard, and I can't see the end from the beginning, I just move forward.  It makes smiling quite easy.


And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it.  --Mosiah 2:41 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...